Monday, August 24, 2009

Spiced Pumpkin Bread





Ooooh this is so good! I think if I made it again though, I would use less spices. I thought 3 cups of sugar sounded like way to much, so I used 2 cups and it tasted terrific. I also substituted the walnuts for pecans. Oh yeah, in the picture below, the sugar is in the Otis Spunkmeyer cookie container.






Spiced Pumpkin Bread
Yield: Makes 2 loaves

Ingredients

3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 16-oz can solid pack pumpkin
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, optional


Directions


Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. Beat sugar and oil in a large bowl to blend. Mix in eggs and pumpkin.








Sift flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cloves. Stir into pumpkin mixture in two additions. Mix in walnuts, if desired.


Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.




Original recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Spiced-Pumpkin-Bread-840

No comments:

Post a Comment